Acupuncture supports women throughout the IVF cycle and reserach confrims its efficacy in contributing to positive pregnancy and live birth.
Acupuncture treatments are safe to have throughout the IVF cycle and it is suggested that weekly treatments, as well as treatments at egg retrieval, at pre and post embryo transfer and at 2 week wait, are beneficial.
1. Acupuncture improves your immune system, constitutional health and well-being.
2. Acupuncture helps regulate fertility hormone levels including FSH and LH, and improve the function of hypothalamic pituitary-ovarian axis that goes out of balance under continuous stress.
3. Acupuncture helps to reduce symptoms arising from medication treatment, such as headaches, sensation of heat that disturbs sleep, nausea, tiredness. It regulates cortisol and prolactin levels during the IVF medication intake.
4. Acupuncture has a major impact on the quality of the endometrium and greatly improves pelvic blood flow, thus making it more receptive to the embryo and promoting implantation.
5. Acupuncture reduces pain and discomfort, especially following the egg retrieval procedure.
6. Acupuncture reduces the chance of miscarriage by regulating the hormonal balance, and by promoting production of healthy eggs and healthy sperm, as well as optimising the endometrial lining for the reception of the embryo.
7. Acupuncture supports your emotions and prevents anxiety, a major contributor to stress symptoms that can lead to low appetite, bowel movement disturbances and poor sleep patterns.
8. Acupuncture helps improve the oocyte quality, essential to increase the chances of successful fertilisation.
9. Acupuncture is a treatment of choice to support healthy sperm of your partner, as studies have shown that it improves sperm quality and promotes sperm mobility and motility. It enhances the local circulation by improving the local blood flow, lowering scrotal temperature and helps increase the testosterone levels.
10. Acupuncture treatments have an overall benefit to your health and have a cumulative effect, so the benefits you receive during your course of treatments remain with you for the next couple of months even when your treatments are completed.